Monday, September 13, 2010

Virtual Handshake

Ok, I've started typing this first post about 17 times now. What does one write in a first post? Including all kinds of biographical information about myself seems sort of pretentious, unless you subscribe to the notion that the author is so inherently present in a text that knowledge of said author contributes to one's understanding of said text, which may be true for Bukowski or Fualkner but I don't know about for me. I will say that I was a Lit major at Bard College (it's...kind of a big deal) and I'm now studying Publishing at GW College of Professional Studies.

If you Google long enough, you'll find a veritable graveyard of my blog attempts - all beautifully styled with no posts, or half a post, or a pretentious introductory post and then a whole lotta nothing. Hopefully this time will be different; I mean, my most recent quit smoking attempt was successful (two months, it is roughly this awesome), so maybe that's a sign of the times. AND the Redskins beat Dallas last night, so this is all looking pretty good.


No comments:

Post a Comment